The personal information JBO collects, stores and uses are as follows:
- any information you provide when you search or buy on our site or communicate with the customer service, such as email address, IP address and financial information (credit card or bank account numbers)
- any information you provide when creating a user account
- shipping, billing and other information you provide to purchase or ship an item
- reviews or other correspondences with JBO
- other information generated from interaction with JBO, services, content and advertising, including computer and connection information, statistics on page views, traffic to and from the sites, AD data, IP address and standard web log information
- other supplemental information from third parties (for example, if you incur a debt to JBO, JBO will generally conduct a credit check by obtaining additional information about you from a credit bureau as permitted by law; or if the information you provide cannot be verified, JBO may ask you to send JBO additional information, such as a copy of your driver's license, credit card statement, a recent utility bill or other information confirming your address).
JBO's primary purpose in collecting personal information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customized shopping experience. You agree that JBO may use personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support requested;
- perform troubleshooting;
- customize, measure and improve JBOs' services, content and advertising;
- tell you about service updates and promotional offers based on your preferences
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
JBO may conduct customer surveys to improve our customer service and to collect information for new products and sales promotion. JBO will not disclose any data that could specifically identify a user.
Disclosure to Third Parties
JBO may disclose the stored personal data in case of legal requirements, enforcing our policies, responding to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone's rights, property, or safety. JBO may also share your personal information with:
- Third-Party Service Providers - JBO employs other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples of these include fulfilling orders, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform these functions but may not use it for any other purposes.
- Promotional Offers - Sometimes JBO sends offers to selected groups of users on behalf of other businesses. When JBO does this, JBO does not give these businesses your name nor address. If you do not want to receive such offers, please adjust the Customer Communication Preference upon registration.
When JBO entrusts third parties with any of the above businesses, JBO provides only the necessary information. JBO shall bound third parties to the same level of our obligation under the law with written agreement and supervise third parties to hold the stored personal information in a secure way:
In case of inquiries from law enforcement or other governmental officials, or in response to a verified request related to a criminal investigation or alleged illegal activity, JBO will disclose the information that is relevant to the investigation, such as name, city, zip code, telephone number, email address, user ID history, IP address, fraud complaints and listing history.
Except for the above and in effort to respect your privacy and to keep the community free from people who do not comply with our policies, JBO will not disclose your personal information to law enforcement, other government officials, or other third parties without a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, except when we believe that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss, or to report suspected illegal activity.
Disclosure to the User
JBO shall disclose your personal information to you immediately after you request JBO to disclose the stored personal information. This disclosure also includes the case when Interfusion notifies you that the information given and/or stored does not exist. You can access the following e-mail address when requesting a disclosure under the method stated by JBO:
E- mail - Japan Brand Online Customer Support
JBO may not disclose all or parts of your personal information in the following cases ;
- if it harms a third party, physically or mentally, their life, property or other rights and profits
- if it interferes with JBO’s business operations beyond reasonable care
- if it violates the law enforcement
JBO notifies you promptly after having decided not to disclose all or parts of the personal information you requested under the method stated by JBO.
In the case that this suspension needs a great amount of expense or there is some difficulty in the process, JBO reserves the right to choose an alternative way to protect your rights and privileges.
JBO notifies you promptly after deciding whether or not JBO will suspend the use of all or parts of the personal information you requested under the method stated by JBO.
2-39-7 Echiso Bldg. 3F Hongo, Bunkyo-ku
Tokyo 113-0013, Japan
or E-mail us via the Japan Brand Online Customer Support